Clicked links do not open in browser
We have seen a number of cases where clicking links to web pages in received messages in the GroupWise client for Windows will not result in a web browser taking you to the desired page. Should you experience this, try the following to attempt to resolve:
1. In the GroupWise Client for Windows, select Tools > Options > Environment
2. While on the General tab, locate HTML Browser at the bottom of the screen and use the drop-down list to specify a browser other than “Default Browser.” A good choice would be Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, if available.
3. Restart GroupWise, and attempt to click the link in the message again to see if it now works.
If you are still having problems with this, try the following:
4. Copy the link from the message and paste it into Internet Explorer directly. If Internet Explorer is unable to open the page and provides an error, there may be an issue with the security settings in the browser pertaining to the given website. This could be the reason the link would not open by clicking on it directly in GroupWise.
5. If the copied link is able to open in Internet Explorer, but will not open by clicking it directly in the GroupWise message, repeat steps 1 through 3, and select a different web browser. If FireFox is not currently installed on your computer, it will not be listed as an option. If this is the case, and you wish to try it, you can install it by going to the following site: http://mozilla.com
Should you have any questions, please contact the OIT Service Desk for assistance: email@example.com or (304)293-4444