Procedures and Guidelines
The purpose of these procedures and guidelines are to ensure that:
- The WVU academic community is aware of the services provided by CTec and the established procedures for receiving them.
- Services are consistently, fairly, and equitably provided by the CTec staff as they adhere to these policies.
- Standards are created to address inconsistencies among supported facilities and promote ease of use.
Availability: CTec provides centralized technical support to designated classrooms and locations on the WVU campus. CTec staff members provide consulting and training to WVU instructors for the delivery of media-enhanced course information. Additionally, consulting is provided for the creation of new technology-enhanced facilities and for the renovation of existing facilities. Limited media duplication and conversion services are provided for course-related needs. These services are available upon request and are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Ownership: Permissions for use and proof of ownership of materials and information provided to CTec by instructors are the responsibility of the instructor and may be required prior to duplicating or converting the information. Classroom equipment provided by CTec is owned by West Virginia University.
Security: The physical security of technology-enhanced teaching spaces is primarily the responsibility of the users of that facility. The CTec staff provides assistance with establishing security policies for these facilities.
- Technology Support - Policy for instructional technology support by CTec.
- Classroom Use – Policy for instructional technology classroom use in facilities supported by CTec.
- Media Duplication/Conversion – Policy for media duplication services provided by the Classroom Technology Group.
- Outside Equipment – Policy for the use of non-CTec equipment in a CTec classroom.
- Disposal Practices – Policy for technology equipment and used material disposal.
- Computer Use – Policy for computer use in facilities supported by CTec.
- Computer Configuration Guidelines – Recommendations for computer software installations and configurations for classrooms.
- Installation Guidelines – Recommendations for instructional technology systems and equipment for installation into classrooms.
- Keys and Electronic Locks - Policy for accessing CTec equipment in technology classrooms